lørdag 16. august 2014

10 YEARS :: 10 QUESTIONS



The Godmother of Twitter (@AlternativeChat) have challenged gamers to answer "what is your Warcraft story" and I found it quite fun project. If you look here you can find out more!

Onward to the questions!


1. Why did you start playing Warcraft?
I actually started playing because my (now ex-) partner was very, very into it, and he had me try it out on his account. I was extremely skeptical, since I thought "this is not me" etc.
2. What was the first ever character you rolled?
I made a human rogue, and made her look as much alike me as possible. I checked out the other character models, but they felt strange and not "me" at the time. I also named my rogue after my computer at the time, Acer :D It is quite hilarious to think back at now ;-)
3. Which factors determined your faction choice in game?
I went for alliance, all this gaming being new to me, I wanted to look pretty, and also wanted a character that looked like a "real person" as much as possible. Horde scared me a bit, and there was also LoTR that gave horde a bad feel.
4. What has been your most memorable moment in Warcraft and why?
I have many of those, one thing I do remember very well is that my rogue got a quest to learn pick-pocketing, and I was very triggered by this, I did not want do it because "I was not that kind of person! Stealing from others!" haha Gosh, thinking back now it is all fun but back then, my gosh, it really bugged me! :D
5. What is your favourite aspect of the game and has this always been the case?
Raiding. I would never survive this long without serious challenges, having fun making jokes and killing hc bosses, that never gets old (well almost never! ;-)) for me. Been raiding since 2006 I believe, or maybe late 2005. Not sure actually. I still love it. Over the later years, I found out that healing is really my thing, and I have healed raids since tBC. Occasionally dps'ed but very rarely.
I also love alts. Always have. If someone tells me they only have one character and "want to focus on my main" Im a bit "eeeeh ok....I can still do that and lvl 10 other characters!" :D Plus, professions being covered! Win-win!
6. Do you have an area in game that you always return to?
Hmm .. I have areas where I'm all "yay I'm back here!" (like Westfall, Nagrand, Sholazar.. generally the green areas of WoW) but I don't actively seek them, mainly seek to the main capital of the time for my mains -alts can be more shattered, depending on what level they are at :)


7. How long have you /played and has that been continuous?
I think I started my sub in April 2005 or so, might have been May 2005. Never had a break. When I think about it, it sounds almost horrible, but I have had periods where I played less (raid-logging) but I have made lot of friends over the years, and usually I always have someone to chat to when online. Specially after Battle.net came with Real-ID and all.
8. Admit it: do you read quest text or not?
No, not really. ;P Unless I can't find the stuff I look for, and I have to read a bit closer. But generally, no...
9. Are there any regrets from your time in game?
Hmm... I have pretty much done what I have felt for when gaming. Sometimes I have felt that I have been sticking around too long in a bad team, but looking back now I feel that there was always a reason to stick with it, that be friends or loyalty..
10. What effect has Warcraft had on your life outside gaming?
I met my man here! Even moved abroad to check out how it would work out to see each other more then every 2nd weekend. And now we live together in my home-country. So I would say big impact on my everyday life!

Greetings,
Class <3

5 kommentarer:

  1. It's so nice to meet someone else who loves priests! (I have five at last count.) I laughed when I read how you were afraid to pickpocket on your rogue, but I think it would have made me nervous too if I had tried to play a rogue my first time through the game.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hello! Priests rocks! I love to level them up, but once they hit max level I kinda get a bit meh with them and go back to my main one (or start a new one!), they are just best class there is :D

      Slett
  2. I didn't know that you met your boyfriend/husband (?) in WoW, that you moved to him and then got him to move to Norway with you! That's exactly what I did :P

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Haha yeah -we met in 2008, I moved there in 2009 and stayed for 1+ year, then in 2010 (des) I moved back to Norway and he followed in 2011 :)

      Didnt know you met your bf/hb there! So cool :D

      Slett
  3. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett